I really liked the idea for a texture book and decided to make one. Instead of using scrapbook paper or cardboard, I pulled out some old playing cards that I was saving for the perfect craft. I was missing some, so the deck wasn't playable anymore, but I knew they would be useful.
I made several little busy books using these cards and random stuff I had at the house.
Want to make your own?
Old playing cards
Hot Glue Gun and Glue
Random Stuff (think texture, color, and safe, non-choking items)
- Punch two holes on the end of each card. This will be where we "bind" the book
- Glue your random stuff to the backs of your playing cards in whatever pattern you want
- Decide on your page order and stack them
- Thread a pipe cleaner through each of two holes to attach your pages together
- Twist your pipe cleaners around themselves to make a little ring
- Give to a child and let them explore