But, the good news is that you get two weeks worth of motherly madness!
I've been trying to get baby boy on a schedule, and I think I've FINALLY figured it out. I don't have it completely down, yet, but we are getting there. I am reading a book called The Baby Sleep Book by 4 different Dr. Sears (My mom LOVES the Dr. Sears from the Doctors). It says to pay attention to baby's natural sleepy times, and then you can go from there. So, I've spent this week working on that. This is what I have discovered.
- Baby is pretty much up for the day at 6:30. Once I go back to work, this is when I'll be getting up, anyway. But for now, I get him up and put him in the swing, and it gives me another hour or two of sleep. (Is it OK for him to sleep in the swing?)
- He is ready for a morning nap sometime between 10:00 and 11:00. If the weather is nice, I like to take him on a walk around 10, and then put him down when we get back.
- He only sleeps for about an hour. Then, he is ready for another rest about 2:00. I don't put him in his crib for this one. I just let him sleep wherever (I guess I'm really not supposed to do that, but I am watching him). He will sleep in his bouncer, the swing, the Boppy....but, usually just in my arms.
- He is ready for another crib nap about 4.
- I try to start getting him ready for bed about 8 (although I need to start about 7:30), and get him down as soon as I can.
- He then wakes up every 2-4 hours and is up again at 6:30 the next morning.
I'm ready to get to the part of the book that teaches me to get him to sleep longer!