This has been a week of growth and development!
- I put away baby's newborn jammies, in place of bigger ones. He can't straighten his legs in the newborn ones, anymore.
- I sized up his diaper cover (I am cloth diapering and using the Thirsties Duo Wraps )
- I adjusted his car seat for the big boy he has become
- Here's the big one....are you ready for it? Are you sure?
- He's sleeping in his crib, in his bedroom, by himself! Initially, he was in his bassinet, in our bedroom. Then, last week, by necessity, he was moved. He peed in my bed after nursing, so I couldn't sleep there for the rest of the morning, without waking my husband up, and I didn't want to leave the baby in his bassinet, while I went somewhere else. So, I put him in his crib and started sleeping in my amazing glider/recliner. Then, Sunday night, I put him in his crib to sleep and left to sleep in my own room. I did so thanks to this guy:
Now, I don't really believe in monitors (for the most part), because they give off radiation. (Don't believe me? OK. But check this out.) However, I went ahead and bought this used for 7 bucks, because I knew I needed to sleep in my own room, eventually, and I wasn't sure if I could make the transition on my own. I only use it at night (not for naps and things when I'm awake), and only plan to use it until I get used to sleeping away from my little guy.
Oh! I almost forgot. Baby also went to church for the first time. Here we are, ready to go.