- Did you know that if a baby is crying to be fed, you probably waited longer than you should?
- Babies give you other clues that they are hungry and cry as a sort of "last resort"
- If you wait till they are crying, they may be too frustrated to eat as well as they could
- Did you know that breastfeeding lowers your risk (and your child's if it's a girl) of ovarian, breast, and cervical cancers?
- This means, that my risks have already been lowered because my mom breastfed me (and her mom breastfed her, and I'm quite certain every other woman up the line was breast fed, as well). Then, I lower it again, by breastfeeding my son. And one day, if I have a daughter, I lower her risk and any successive girls' risks as well!
- Did you know that you can save over $3,000 in a year, by breastfeeding instead of using formula (depending on the formula)?
- Makes the $350 breast pump not seem so unreasonable, huh?
- Did you know that breastfeeding can lower the risk for your child to get SIDS, ear infections, diabetes, and childhood obesity?
P.S. You should visit the Medela website. They gave us a little pamphlet from Medela that gave me some of these fact (like the money savings), and added to the info I already was given in class. They have lot of information about breastfeeding on their website.